Saturday, January 9, 2010

Geri Lage's Bithday -- At Brent & Eydie's

The day after Mom's birthday, we went to Brent and Eydie's for dinner and her family party. Bob went with us, and Traci and her family and Sheri and her family were there -- a much smaller group than we had planned but it was a very nice day.

When we arrived, Eydie was putting the final touches on her special cake (see my next blog) so we took a walk around outside.


Eydie's beautiful backyard


Mom, Traci and Tyler in the apricot tree ...
behind the tree you can see Eydie's huge flower garden.


Mom and Bob at the back of Brent & Eydie's

Bob's carrying the bag of apricots we collected, which Mom and I later made into pineapple-apricot preserves. Yummy! The overhang over the back patio contains the addition to the house which enlarged their dining room. On the patio you can see the barbecue where Brent barbecued salmon and seared tuna for our sumptious dinner -- well except the tuna in Dennis's salad was actually raw. I could only eat a couple bites of it.

Eydie's beautiful table setting with Dennis's salad.

Of course, Mom got presents ...



Does this look like a 90-year-old to you?

I didn't get many pictures of Traci, Sheri, and their families, but here's one of Sheri with Evan and her new husband, Roger Rigby. He sure is a nice guy.


And here's Chloe dressing up in a couple costumes from her grandma's great collection of costumes.

This is a new costume Eydie bought when she was in Egypt.

Still to come for August 2009 ... the birthday cake, Brent's birthday, Grandma's house inside and out, and maybe one more. Are you excited???

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm excited! I didn't know Sheri got married again. That's awesome! Brent and Eydie's is so beautiful!

Rachel said...

I love Brent and Eydie's house. Grandma looks great!

Amy Sheppard said...

Thanks for all the great pictures. I am with you on the raw fish.