I spent almost a whole day last week putting up my Christmas decorations. I should have taken pictures of the process, but here are the results. I'm posting the pictures mostly so that I can look them up next year to remind me what I did.

Remember the picture of Dad and Aunt Shirley with Santa when they were little?
Not the best place for hanging stockings, but what do you do without a fireplace, shelf, or staircase to hang them on?


Angels in the china cabinet above the nativity scenes ... Sheri made the beautiful one in the center.
Yes, the flannel set I made with the wild-haired Joseph has survived. The trunk of the tree was made from material leftover from the polyester suit I made for Dad. The set on the right is from Germany -- a present from Heather.
The little rocking chair in front was made by a man in my ward. I visit-teach his sister-in-law, and he gave the rocking chair to Isabelle one day when I took her visiting teaching with me. The teddy bear was a present from some of my Jurimetrics students.
My Christmas village -- not exactly to scale. Frosty was a giant, wasn't he? The little train in front was a present from Chika. Can you see Tigger and Winnie the Pooh having a snowball fight? The church on the right is from all my children to replace an older one broken by a grandchild.
I'm glad to have my decorations up. They bring me joy each time I see them. They remind of joyful Christmases past. And remind that I am going to be together with a lot of my family for Christmas this year -- only 15 days until Christmas Eve!!
5 comments:
Mom,
I love your decorations. I desperately want that flannel nativity set! I am not exaggerating. Do you have the pattern? I have wanted one for years so that my little ones can handle it.
-Jen
The house looks beautiful mom. Somehow it doesn't quite seem like Christmas without some of those decorations that have been a part of Christmas my whole life. I love the flannel nativity set as well. I am so excited to be with family for Christmas. If only Jen and her family could be here. Then it would be perfect!
Jen,
I think I do have the pattern for the flannel nativity set. I'll look for it. It was fun to make but somewhat time consuming. You may remember that there was a stable also but it got lost along the way.
Mom
Yes, Frosty is a giant. I believe he crushed the first church and framed the grandchild.
Your house looks beautiful. Can't wait to see it (she says, with crossed fingers).
I hope I get to see you all soon. I'm so anxious to hang out with my siblings and my mom and just laugh and laugh. You guys crack me up.
Can we teleport Jen there?
Post a Comment