Wednesday, April 28, 2010

April Vacation -- California & Arizona

The first of three birthdays I got to celebrate on my trip was Fitzwilliam's first birthday. Josh's parents and his brother Rich and his wife Michelle were also there. We had a really yummy feast followed by the party. Here's Fitz's "cupcakes-in-the-shape-of-a-one birthday cake" (formation?).


He seems to seriously like his new book.



Fitz and Katie really liked his new phone.



You can see how much he really liked his cake and ...


the paper plate!


Here's Jess's three cute boys in the back of their van ready to head out for Disneyland.



These are the only "Disneyland" pictures I took. I left my camera in the hotel room.


My first night in Arizona, I stayed with Alicia and we went out to dinner. Alicia did not want her picture taken.

Lilly and Max ...


Izzy and Max ...


Lilly and Adam . . .

Izzy and Adam . . .



Me and the three kids . . .



I was at Amy's for her birthday. She got a really great breakfast in bed, a crown, tulips, Mickey Mouse plate and napkin, and cards with more food and gifts to come later.



Here's Samuel at his birthday party -- Star Wars theme of course.


Siblings looking on enviously (??) as Samuel opens his presents.


Here's Evan holding his light saber, which was made out of half a pool noodle and duct tape. Each guest received one, and they had a lot of fun fighting with them -- well, mostly fun.


Here's Sally in her frequent perch, hanging off a dining room chair.


Aunt Rachel and Sally . . . probably shortly after rescuing Sally from another dangerous adventure.


At the end of my stay I went back to Alicia and Adam's so I got to go with Alicia and the girls to watch the girls get their hair cut. Isabelle had her very first shampoo at a salon.


The place was called Cool Cut for Kids (or something close to that). They had a fun-for-kids business model. Each child could choose a video game or movie to watch while they got their hair cut. The girls both chose video games.



New hair cut . . .

Lilly's turn ...


Lilly tries to look at me while I was taking her picture, but she can't take her eyes off the game.


The finished product ...

I had fun trip. Unfortunately, I didn't take all the pictures I wanted to take -- too busy talking probably. But I wanted to share the ones I did take -- that turned out, that is.
Now on to Iowa and Washington ...

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Super cute hair on those two girls! I love the picture of you with Licia's kids. Um, Max is adorable and huge and cute. I can't believe how grown up Sally is. I haven't seen any pictures of her for months and months.

Jessica said...

P.S. We miss you. Katie keeps asking me if I brought you home with me. I tell her no and she says, "Okay, she'll be back soon."

Rachel said...

I hate the picture of me. Seriously, you should delete that one. All the kiddos are so cute. I love seeing pictures of Jessica's kids especially. We miss you already. Have fun in Iowa and Washington.