Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Catching Up #1

Now that I'm about to travel again, I thought I'd better add the rest of my pictures from my August 2009 trip to Washington State and my October 2009 trip to Arizona and Iowa. The week after Mom-Grandma-Nana's birthday celebration, we went back again for Brent's 69th birthday. Here he is with one of his gifts -- a barbecue cleaning brush. He was excited. Notice the beautiful flowers in the background from Eydie's garden.

Here's a closeup of the flowers. Eydie is definitely a skilled flower gardener.

Now back to Grandma's house. I took pictures of a couple of her paintings. The first one she's not using right now and is available if anyone would like it. She thinks she is going to be selling her house and moving this summer so she might have more paintings and other items to give away -- depending on where she decides to move.


This is her cute house ...
with a nice little porch and of course pretty flowers. She had her house on the market when I was there but had very few lookers. The market in the Tri-Cities is supposed to be better now.

Here she is in her great room.

This is her dining area looking into her TV room (or den). All those cabinets are full of beautiful crystal, tea sets, vases, etc.

Her bedroom ...
and master bath. Her house was specifically decorated for the parade of homes.

Lastly, remember the flowers from Grandma's birthday cake that Eydie made -- the basket of flowers made from frosting?Here's one of the bouquets we made from the flowers.

My posts are rather boring, I'm afraid. Oh, well. Next catch-up post ... McDermott birthdays and baptism.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Not boring at all! I'd love to have one of Grandma's paintings. Any one will do me just fine. I've always wanted one!

Rachel said...

I love Grandma's house. It's beautiful.

Amy Sheppard said...

Put me down for one a Grandma's pictures as well.