Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Catchup #3 -- The Zoo

As you can see, it was a beautiful day at the zoo -- well, actually a little hot if we weren't in the shade. But look at the blue, blue sky.

I love this picture of George holding Aaron's hand and walking him along the path.

There were 17 of us in all, plus three strollers. We were a little unorganized at times, but Rachel kept us moving along. Is that Isaac in front going through the door? If so, I think that's the only picture I got of him. I don't think he was camara-shy just busy seeing everything.


Yeah! We're at the zoo!

I'm not sure the babies were as happy as Samuel to be there.



The rest of the kids -- except Isaac. :(



Mallory was not too excited about getting her picture taken. This is the best I got. I think she's saying, "Grammy, don't take my picture."


Adam was the only dad there -- he took it in stride.

How could I post about a zoo trip without some pictures of animals. I'm pretty sure I have a whole box of pictures of animals from zoos, Sea World, etc. -- thanks, Dad!

What's the name of these? I can't remember, but they're pretty.

This is a picture of giraffes not being fed by us. There were signs all over about their new giraffe exhibit where you could feed them. We walked a long way up a hot, dusty trail to find out that we had to pay an extra $3 to be able to get close to them and feed them. That would have cost us $42 so we watched from afar.

I was pretty amazed at how lush and beautiful many areas of the zoo were. Is Isaac in this picture?

Where in the world is Isaac???


Goodbye, Zoo. We had a great time.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

You have really adorable children and grandchildren. You must feel like the luckiest woman in the whole world! :)

Rachel said...

That was a great day at the zoo. I am getting so excited for your visit in a few weeks. We all miss you.

Amy Sheppard said...

I, too, LOVE that picture of George and Aaron. As for Isaac, getting his picture taken is very low on his priority list of things to do at the zoo.