This huge gorgeous tree is in their front yard. This was before all the leaves fell off. Heather posted pictures on her blog of their yard full of leaves -- mostly all from this one tree.
This is her backyard and her neighbor's house behind her. Sadly, I didn't take a picture of the house they're living in. It's a really nice house. But you'll have to take my word for it -- no photographic proof.
Here's Rick with the girls making cards in their Church. Right after this we went to a retirement home where they sang and gave out the cards. Meanwhile, Heather was home with an icepack on her back.
Here they are singing with the kids from their ward. The bishop (in red) sang with them too.
When Heather's back was feeling better, we went to Howell's Farm, where we walked through a cool corn maze. It's a huge farm -- about 800 acres.
The girls picked out pumpkins. Actually, I think they changed their minds after I took these pictures and picked some other pumpkins, but you get the idea.
They also got to hold rabbits. Audrey squeezed them a little too tightly at first, and the rabbits kept trying to get away and scratching her, but she got the hang of it after a few tries.
We had a few photo opps -- here with a big flatbed full of all different kinds of squash in the background.
And here at a spot setup for taking pictures. I like this one.
Here's two pictures of Audrey's birthday party. They are not very good, but since Heather somehow deleted her pictures, I decided to include these.
I think maybe Audrey was having a reaction to the sugar in this one. She was flushed from playing so hard.
The feather boa and the skirt in this picture are two of Audrey's birthday presents. And Evie got matching ones. There were pink feathers all over the living room after they finished dancing.
I had a great time visiting with the Arnitas. I especially like having a picture in my head of where they are now. It's comforting somehow. Maybe my post will help you have a comforting picture in your head.Now I'm caught up through October 2009. Whew!
3 comments:
Looks like fun. I miss those Arnitas. Maybe one day I will make it to Iowa to see them. And Josh can take me to where he used to live.
I'm not sure if I feel comforted or just sad because I miss the Arnita' so much. It's nice to see some pics of them, though.
Enough about missing the Arnitas, I miss FALL. I am so jealous. (Okay, I miss the Arnitas too :))
Post a Comment